Thursday, August 5, 2021

Competition Fabricating No1-Part3

 Today - My bonce once again sticks up above the parapet.... well more like scraping a hole through the cobwebs that block a good amount of light from entering so my mincers can see oot of 'The Old Sidevalve Bar'.....What's 'appening in the real outside world of nastiness? Anyone seen a post Brexit sausage lately?... Phufff, ya couldn't write an 'Ernie Wise Play' any more bloody ridiculous than 'this blog wot I will wrote' or 'may wrote' as I update my bashplate shenanigans. The sausage war continues.....Boy Oh Boy That saucepot V.D.L. likes to get the most out of her British Sausages ........But then who wouldn't'  (No end play yet....Mustard and Relish still both on the table)

So, I left you on my last jotting with concerns about the splatter.....(plenty of it) .the tensile strength of mismatched stainless grades.....questionable manufacturing techniques......Have no fear!!! "Tis I" Thee Mastercraftsman of Blacksmiffing.......Hammer, weld, file, grind. Eventually it will shape...

How to clamp the Bashplate to the frame? Interesting conundrum. The front mount is already constructed. I made that out of stainess offcut the same thickness as the Bashplate. Luckily the wise designers of the Blauwe Muis knew a thing or two about keeping it simples.....The frame tubes were a standard 25mm. I purchased off the 'Bay of E' 2 x hydraulic pipe clamps. 'Stauff Style' according to the purchase order....Thank Fook they weren't Papa Smuff Style.

Relying on my pinpoint positioning aids....rack of the eye and a scratchy nail I marked and drilled holes to suit both frame and plate position....Replacing the supplied bolts with brand new countersunk Stainless Allen Head screws gave a smooth underdrawing... and should the bike end upside down at some point in the Butterwoods of Flanders the shiny stainless will give additional Bling points too.....


 




Fits nicely just in front of the centre stand.....phew!  Like it was meant to be!!!!

After all that de-burring and filing on the outer side to make look a likkle bit pretty (but not too much) I'm thinking a flagon of 'The Old Sidevalve Bar' homebrew is gonna be well earned....

So, bottoms up...Cheers!! to the Flanders Butterwoods.....Cheers!! to the British Sausage.....and especially Cheers!! to whoever invented 'Toad in the Hole' ..


 

 

Stay safe....play at home. That Covid19 stuff is still out there. 

Believe Boris or believe Albert..you decide, it's your life!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment